Sunday, August 1, 2010

Christina's solo






I created a 'practice' solo for Christina, who is also in the training process and making a solo of her own. She is a mother of two young children and working full time toward her MFA. She never sleeps. I made her a solo called 11 Dreams for The Woman Too Tired to Dream.
Here are the dreams I gave her:
1. On bike with mask and cape: fast, easy, free, stuck
2. Lady in dumpster, can't get out
3. Lady doing tap routine on top of dumpster
4. My mother comes as the Universal Mother to give you uplift
5. I beg and plead from far away but no one listens
6. I have to hold the handstand for a really really long time
7. I beg my daughter to come to me, she refuses, we discover a ladybug as neutral territory
8. Isn't this Naked Day? What do you mean I'm the only one naked?
9. Nurse Ratched comes to lobotomize
10. Blackbird singing in the Dead of Night
11. Lullaby for a sleepy mother

No comments:

Post a Comment